Sunday, April 4, 2010

Summary time is here again!

- Apparently, with acceptance to Cornish comes mountains of... Paper. Financial Aid, housing, parental information, Financial Aid, staff updates, music department staff welcomes, Financial Aid, student 'getting to know you' dates, orientation dates, Financial Aid, program updates, performance schedules, and oh yeah, Financial Aid. Talk about selling your soul for your education.

- The North Coast Chorale's 'Elijah' is coming along rather well, in my opinion. Now that we are past the learning/sight reading stage and are going back and woodshedding every single little detail, it's starting to sound really awesome. The basses are also better than they've ever been in my 3+ years of singing with them. (John: If you're reading this, stop gloating.) I'm really excited for us to perform at the Liberty -- and for Deac to be singing the part of Elijah. He's so stinking amazing, I can hardly stand it.

- I've been giving the kids in the junior/high school singing lessons for their upcoming performance of 'Pirates of Penzance' (junior version, naturally.) With only a few weeks to go until opening night, I'm finally starting to see the lights come on in their heads. It's a pretty good feeling and I hope they know how proud of them I am. I still have a lot of work to do with them, though. Gilbert and Sullivan is no joke -- they've gotta be on their toes!

- The weather here has been as bipolar as I've ever seen it. How, in a half hour, can we have gorgeous sun, torrential rain, and blasted snow? Ugh, snow. I'm hoping it stays wet and driveable. I like snow when I don't have anywhere to be, but that is not the case right now. So let's rethink this snow business, shall we? Thanks.

- My sister turned 18 yesterday. What is this, Karli? It's sick, is what it is... Though I'll feel a whole lot sicker when it's Kayti. Oy... Sadly, I had to work and miss out on all the festivities, but some of the girls came into the store to see me (which I seized as a perfect opportunity to decorate Karli in a new dress for Graduation.) She also went and got her hair done, which she never does, and which I've yet to see. Her friend Lindsay went all out and planned a big party for Karli, so that's where she's been all night. It's so great of Lindsay to do that for her -- she's an awesome friend, and this small but mighty big sister who has chewed out many a mean girl for her sisters (always unbeknownst to them) over the years is very thankful for her.

- Jenny flies to Greece today -- GREECE! Ahhh, I'm so excited for her (and extremely envious, not gonna lie.) It's her 'Sisterhood' moment, and she's going to have an awesome time... Not sure what she plans on eating, though -- silly girl and her grilled cheese/french fry/noodle diet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment