Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tomorrow is a big day for me.
A lifelong wish comes true.
It's nothing big, nothing substantial -- actually, when I sit back and think about it, it seems pretty silly.
But tomorrow is the day I get a new smile.

The gap in my front teeth isn't large -- not anymore. As a kid I could fit the front of my pinkie between them. I dreamed of the day that I could get braces and no longer have to look at myself and see that hole. That day never came. As I got older and my wisdom teeth started coming in, everything started to push together -- the gap began to close. But in my head, it's still massive.

During my last trip to the dentist, we found that I had chipped part of one of my front teeth. The first idea was to file it -- something I was emotionally against. Anything to make the gap even wider wasn't something I was going to go for... Not if there were other options. Luckily for me, there were :)

A decision was made to fill in the chip -- and my gap right along with it... At no extra charge! While the procedure may be cosmetic, it's going on the form as reconstructive. Totally covered by insurance.

To some, it may seem like no big deal.
But for a girl who, at a young age, trained herself to smile with her tongue strategically placed behind her teeth, so that at a certain angle and distance the gap was almost non-existant... This is a huge blessing.

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I've never noticed a gap. Still can't picture it. But, I am happy for you. Your smile is beautiful, either way.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! Ummm, who is this? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that's so cool Kelsi. You are seriously beautiful though... never even noticed ;) But we are our biggest critics I guess :)

    ReplyDelete