Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm not here to talk about myself today.
I'm not here to give any new news.

I'm here to remind about news already passed.


Haiti.


It is so easy to become... Exhausted from compassion.
It is easy to move on and forget when you don't see the pain and destruction everyday.
But the work isn't over.
There is so much more to be done.

Many of you remember Molly Hightower -- you either know her from the news, or from my previous posts. She was the niece of my Mom's good friend, and now, she is one of our greatest inspirations.



I encourage you to visit her blog: http://mollyinhaiti.blogspot.com/, and if you are so moved to do so, you can make a donation at http://www.friendsoftheorphans.org/molly.


The work in Haiti is not over.
Not even close.

You can send donations.
Send care packages.
Sponsor a child.
Volunteer.

Pray.

If all you can do is pray, it is enough.

I am also posting the music video for Michael W. Smith's "Come Together Now". He wrote the song for Haiti -- in the style of "We are the World". Over 100 Contemporary Christian and Country music artists contributed to this piece, as well as over 100 kids from around Nashville.

This song isn't about religion.
It isn't about the ever present battle of the church vs. the world.

It's about coming together for the good of mankind.
Working together.
Living together.
Loving together.

It's about not forgetting what we are all here to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment