Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sometimes I wish I could just pack a bag, jump on a plane and jet out of the country -- just for a while.

No plans. No inhibitions. No worries.
Just me, God, and the world.

Then I remember expenses, language barriers, strange food and customs and human trafficking, (something we, sadly, have to remember is now a huge issue...) It instantly puts a damper on my mood, though they are things one needs to consider.

Even still, I can't help but be tempted by the romanticism of it all: The spontaneity of leaving the world you know behind, and the adventure of exploring a brand new place -- the excitement of meeting interesting people, and the adrenaline in wondering what's to come next.

Maybe one day I'll just do it.
Maybe one day I'll just have to...

Yes.
One day I'll just have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment